May 8, 2003

Been trying to limit the amount of time I spend aimlessly surfing on the computer and really accomplish some things around here. I am working on a few longer winded entries (again crashing a few times - so, I’ve begun working on longer entries offline) which I'll post when they’re done. Just a few “shorties” for today though...

...I’m still at a loss to explain why I found an ad for these guys when I was looking through the display ads at the back of MacWorld. I was trying to find a decent printer for a business card project I was finishing up for someone and wanted to get a couple of sample packs. If someone can explain to me how a display ad for them in MacWorld is target marketing I’m all ears.



Also, I heard a very interesting segment on the Leonard Lopate show on WNYC today with the author of Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser. Schlosser’s books are worth seeking out, he focuses on the marginalization of the American worker its something I find myself concerned with as I see the changes taking place around us daily. You can read an excerpt of his latest book, Reefer Madness on WNYC’s website. Of course, you can also listen to the show via Real Audio by clicking on the link to the Lopate show archives above.

No comments: